Quinoa is a great alternative to oatmeal. Naturally gluten free and a good source of protein, this breakfast is sure to satisfy and help keep you full longer.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 small apple chopped
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover. Let cook until quinoa is cooked; approximately 15 minutes. You can add a splash of water if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. I add in a little at a time to my desired sweetness.
- Top with your favourite toppings such as berries, coconut, nuts or seeds.